Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Trying New Things

In the past three days I have done a few new things that I've never done before.

1). I started reading A Series of Unfortunate Events out loud with Megan. I'd never read the books before, but have quickly found myself enjoying Lemony Snicket's humorous writing.

2). I drove down Lookout Mountain and on the highway. Now to some this may be an everyday occurrence. But for me, this is was a first. Davey graciously sat in the passenger seat of our van last night as I drove down Lookout Mountain and then was encouraged that I was ready to try out the highway. I had never gone above 40mph before so this was an experience. I drove for about twenty minutes on the highway and we didn't die! It was exciting and I think I'm just about ready to get my license which I am pretty stoked about.

3). In case you didn't know, yesterday was national Peanut Butter and Jelly day. I almost didn't celebrate with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, but Andrew graciously made me one so that I could celebrate. It was delicious!

4). I have survived three days without Damarise while she is in California. It'll be good to have her back here!

... And that's all I have for now. It's been an exciting few days with beautiful weather to accompany it, but I should probably go and finish my papers that still need to be written.

No comments: