Thursday, April 07, 2011

So Far, So Great!

This week has been wonderful – marvelously, wonderful!  

Monday: Woke up to a humid day. Sun shining, clouds coming, 
and that icky-sticky air. (ew) But a thunderstorm was coming and I love thunderstorms. The hours passed, classes passed by, and still no thunderstorm. Then came time for my night class. It is usually a three hour class, but as soon as class started the thunderstorm arrived. Ah, nothing beats a good rainstorm complete with lightning, thunder, hail, and tornado watches. Our teacher didn't want to teach very long because of the storm, so our class lasted an hour and fifteen minutes. That was Monday's marvelous marvel. 

Tuesday: Woke up to a cool, brisk, sunny day. It was Assessment Day! It's like a holiday, basically. The college selects random students to be assessed on various things, while everyone else has a day free of classes. To celebrate this special day, Virginia (my amazing RA) and I went to breakfast together at Niedlov's. I had never been to Niedlov's before, and let me just say, it was amazing. They bake their own bread and yum! Virginia and I settled down with cinnamon rolls and piping hot coffee and talked for a few hours. Great way to start the day! The rest of my day was filled with work. And I learned, from my boss, that cleave is the only word that has itself as an antonym. (No, that didn't have anything to do with anything, but yes, that is a really cool fact!) To finish off the day a group of us went down the mountain to enjoy some icecream and each others' company. 

Wednesday: Beautiful weather! Just beautiful! It would have been the perfect day for Summer Salad. (As I realized yesterday when saying this to Janessa, not everyone knows what Summer Salad is. So, if you are one of these people, Summer Salad is basically Chef Salad, but we would have this salad in Arkansas as soon as the weather turned warm.) Anyways, Wednesday I found out who my O-Team partners were. And I am very excited! Also, one of my classes was canceled for the day due to a DVD not being available. So, I got to hang out with some friends, do homework, work out, and just have a relaxing day. 


Today: Today, oh! Just beautiful (again)! Sun shining, flowers blooming, ah, April is great! Today isn't even close to being over, but it has already been great. Why is that? Why, because I found out I have a Summer job! Woo hoo! I am very excited! Damarise and I will be working on Facility Services over the Summer, but it will be great, and we will have a job! I am definitely praising God for that! 


This week has been so far, so good great! 

1 comment:

amy said...

I'm glad that it's been such a wonderful week for you! It was certainly enjoyable to read about it :) Oh, and thank you so much for the e-mail. I'm hoping to write you before very long.

Amy