Monday, January 10, 2011

Home again?

Sunday morning Damarise and I woke to my alarm loudly ringing. 5:11am is just too early. But our flight was leaving at 7:ooam and time was of the essence. We got dressed, said our goodbyes, and unloaded at the airport. Our flight ended up leaving at 7:30am due to snow falling and our plane needing to be de-iced. But, after 5 hours, 2 planes, and some turbulence, we made it safely to Chattanooga.

We were "home". Only this time it didn't really feel like home. Even though when we head "home" for break and end up at our Grandma's house because that's where the family is living, and even though we switch beds, bedrooms, and even houses multiple times throughout the break, that's home because that is where the family is. Home really isn't a place, it's really more the people.

I'm so thankful for my family. I'm thankful for the time we spent together over the Christmas break (seeing as that may not happen again for a few years). I'm thankful that God has given me so many places to call home. And I'm thankful that one day we will all be together in our true Home worshipping and praising God together, forever.

No comments: