Friday, September 03, 2010

Sophomore, Names, & First Week.

This past week was my first full week of class as a sophomore.

**Little side note: Did you know, that Sophomore, literally translated, means wise fool.**

It's simply hard to believe. Where did my freshman year go? It's crazy to think about. But, it's gone and past, and now I am a sophomore in college. Phew! So, how was my first full week of classes? Well, let me just tell you all about it.

The very first class that I had, I was late too. Whoops. It was a memorable start to the year. Damarise, Megan, and I were all in the same class and thought it was in one building. It wasn't. We went to another building, and our class wasn't there either. Ten minutes later we found the right classroom, and opened the door to find the whole class looking at us. :) The teacher was very nice about and it gave us a good story to tell. :)

This semester is full of some wonderful classes. I am taking: CHOW (cultural heritage of the west *it's a core class*) -right now not one of my particular favourites. Doctrine I- this is a great class! The teacher is amazing and it's just so convicting/eye opening/wonderful. U.S History- I'm slowly warming up to it. :P English Syntax- The teacher is great, and I love grammar, so it is a fun class. Technology for Educators- eh, it's ok. I'm learning how to use a PC which is good ;). And Youth Ministry- Oh! The teacher for that class is so great. He is so passionate about what he teaches. Which brings me to one of the points in the title of this post, names.

Names. That was what we talked about for the first Youth Ministry class. Names give people value. I've never been in a class yet where the professor puts so much emphasis on learning our names. And not only him learning our names, but the class knowing each others names. It has been a great start to the class. We, as the class, are getting to know each other better, and it's showing us that even something as little as knowing someone by their name shows a sincere love for that person. I can't wait to learn more in that class. So far it has been a really good and eye opening class to ministering to youth. I just want to go minister to mk youths right now!

Even though the majority of my classes have been good, this week has had it's ups and downs. Freshman year at Covenant College was amazing, so many fun memories, memorable talks, and just little things that brightened up my day. I came back last week expecting everything to be the exact same. But it's not. Now, wait, before I sound all gloom and doom, let me just interject right now that this is not what I'm trying to say! What I'm trying to say is that things are just different. The atmosphere on the hall is different, my relationship with some people has changed, and people who were great friends and mentors to me have now graduated. I thought everything would be the exact same when I came back, and now it's not. It's been a little hard trying to adjust to the same place, but with a different atmosphere. I'm not quite sure how to describe it, but I can say one thing: It has been a great time of putting my full trust in God. How wonderful it is to know that God is always there! He will never leave! He will never, ever change!! Oh, what a great and mighty God! He is so awesome!!

And I think on that note I will draw this post to an end.

"How great is God–beyond our understanding!"
-Job 36:26a

No comments: