Monday, February 25, 2008

Prayer Request!

Last night, our macbook all of a sudden died:( Well, It wouldn't start up, only a blank grey screen. So, Damarise and I googled and came up with a few things, but nothing would reboot it. Dad thought it was a problem so, PTL our dad is amazingg with computer/technology so he did a few things with the hard drive but the hard drive wouldn't work. Right now we are praying that we can some how get the data *pictures & movies especially!* off the hard drive. A guy here works with hard drives so we are just praying that he can get it all off!! Also we are still under warranty! YEAH!! So, if they can't get it to work then when we take our SAT's in J'burg we can just bring our laptop to the Apple store. Anyways, it was kind of a bummer cause we haven't been backing things up and all of Damarise's pictures (She wants to be a photographer so they are pretty cool pics) are on it :/
Well, I guess it's like 1 John 2:17 says,"The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever." Everything in the world is just gunna melt away one day, so why should I be spending all my time focusing on that... Having this happen to my has been making me realize what I have been doing a lot recently, spending to much time doing nothing on the computer when I could be doing more productive things. 2 Peter 3:10-13,"But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare.Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming.That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness." Everything will be destroyed in the end, so should I really be all caught up in trying to get more and more time on the computer just doing nada, not that I'm not glad and VERY thankful for my mac, but should I be focusing all my time on spending time on it? I should be spending more time in God's Word. So, yes, I'm very bummed that our mac is temporaraly dead, but it's given me some time to refocus my priorities! One last verse that I hope I can live out,"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want."-Philippians 4:12

No comments: