Thursday, December 13, 2012

twenty-one

This week I turned twenty-one.

Since being in college, my birthday has always landed on either a reading day or, as was the case this year, a finals day. People are always scurrying around trying to clean, pack, and cram in last minute studying all at the same time. It's hectic and no one has time to celebrate a birthday.

But, this year Damarise wanted me to have a good birthday celebration before I graduated from college. She invited some of my closest friends to come and celebrate my birthday. The Saturday of reading days several of my friends piled into our living room where we played games, ate cake, and laughed. It was wonderful!

I felt so loved. And I realized (again) just how overly blessed I am in the friends God has given me. They are all encouraging, fun, and so godly. I truly am blessed.

I am also blessed with one incredible sister, Damarise! She is just great. She organized and invited everyone to the party and had them all bring a gift that reminded them of me. I got some of the best things!


It was one of the best birthdays ever! And I am so thankful for everyone who made it so special.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this picture.
And I miss you already!
Janessa