Wednesday, November 07, 2012

A Month of Thanksgiving: Day 7

Today I am thankful for my classmates.

I'll be honest, when I began this semester it was rough to be in the same classroom with the same 15 classmates every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for eight hours straight. I missed having different classes in different classrooms with different classmates. I missed having males in my class (yes, my class is all girls). I grew a bit discontent.

But, as the months wore on, I began to love every aspect of it. I loved having 15 classmates to confide in. We all knew the stress that was happening in our lives. We felt comfortable around each other. We could laugh, joke, and cry with each other and it was alright.

Today I was reminded of how much I love these girls. After class today I went to the gym with two of them to work out and we talked the entire time about life and about how thankful we are for everyone in our class. They have become family and I love sitting in class with them three days a week and hearing what is happening in their lives. God has blessed me to be in class with these girls and I am so thankful!

No comments: