Saturday, May 05, 2012

Graduation

Today was Covenant College's 57th annual commencement. I've gone to every graduation ceremony since freshman year, but somehow this one hit a little closer to home for me. As I sat there watching my senior friends walk across the stage, shake President Nielson's hand, and receive their diploma, I couldn't help thinking that next year that would be me (Lord willing!) and my friends walking across the stage, receiving our diplomas and then... and then... what?

Covenant College has been home to me for the past three years and I'm not quite sure if I'll be ready to leave it by next year. The future is a scary thing sometimes. Today I am thankful that God has it all planned out and I can rest assured that He knows my future and there is nothing I need to worry about now.

Today's goodbyes were sad, but there is a joy knowing that one day we'll all be together again, if not here on earth than in heaven.

To the class of 2012, congratulations! Thanks for being wonderful upperclassmen. You will be missed!

No comments: