Friday, February 03, 2012

Coming Up to Breathe

I thought taking eighteen credits second semester junior year wouldn't be much of a difficulty, but I'm quickly being proven wrong. After two tests on Monday, math homework, five book reviews, and an eighteen page paper, I'm thankful it's the weekend. And I'm celebrating by blogging.

Life is hectic, in case you hadn't guessed it. But, don't get me wrong, life is also good.

I am loving my classes. My education classes are still overwhelming, but the other day something wonderful happened. Dr. Beckman started class by asking if we were feeling overwhelmed, to which everyone emphatically nodded their heads. He encouraged us that it was normal, and that once we get hands-on practice in student teaching things should fall into place. He then told us that every morning he prays for each one of us by name and that that very morning he prayed that God would begin making clear to us where He wants us to go after we graduate and calm our fears. I felt so blessed.

Ah, there are so many other blessings to write about. Yesterday I tutored a professor's daughter in math. We do it every Thursday afternoon for an hour and I'm loving it. We share the same name, and we are a lot a like too. Yesterday she asked me where I was from and I told her that I don't really know, but I've lived all around the world. We excitedly started talking about our favorite countries, about Canada, and about our love for snow. She has been a joy to tutor, and I'm relearning all my middle school math (or lack thereof).

Another blessing is that today is Friday and for that I'm thankful. I'm sitting upstairs in Brock (because my classes were canceled) and the sun is shining in on me. It's lovely. It's February and the weather is in the low 60s. I don't know what happened to winter, but I'm relishing the sunshine.

Chapel is starting soon and my new job is scanning people into the building, so I should probably close for now and head on over to the chapel.

Hopefully, I'll be a bit more diligent about blogging, but we shall see.

Happy February!

No comments: