Wednesday, January 18, 2012

It's About Time

I should probably write something about our time in Zambia, but at the moment it all feels so long ago, and there is so much to tell that I don't even know where to begin. Most everyone who knew we went to Zambia for Christmas has asked both Damarise and I (and I quote), "How was Africa?!" Wow. What a broad question to answer. I don't know where to begin with that question and tend to just say, "Great!" And I'm right back in that place for blogging. There's too much to tell. Maybe over the months I'll sporadically throw in a fun story from Zambia, but until then I'll leave it with this: Going to Zambia this December/January was one of the biggest blessings of the year. I thank God for providing the funds for Damarise and me to go see our family. I'm thankful for the change to see a different Africa. I'm thankful for my family and the time spent with them. It was long anticipated and definitely enjoyed.


In more recent news, I am now a second semester Junior. When and how that happened, I still don't know. Time has flown by. The majority of my classes this semester are education classes, and though I'm feeling overwhelmed when shown examples of perfect teachers, all my professors assure us that one day we too will be able to teach like them. Currently, I'm not so sure about that, but I'm sure with more teaching and some first-hand experience we might get there. In the meantime I'm studying lots and definitely seeking help from God and praying for wisdom and guidance.

One more thought before I end and get back to studying – today is January 18th. I realized that while writing in my journal today and was reminded of God's never-ending grace and faithfulness. It's been three years since Ian was in a malaria induced coma and on the verge of death. It's been three years since we saw God work a miracle in Ian and bring him back – alive, healthy, and well! I love the reminder that this serves every year. Every year I'm reminded of what a powerful God we serve. Not only is He all-powerful, but He also hears every prayer. He cares for His children and He gives grace. He is faithful even in the midst of pain and suffering. He is God and there is none like Him. This is the reminder I was given today, and I'm sitting here praising God for His faithfulness and for the fact that Ian is still with us today. I am thankful!


No comments: