Friday, November 12, 2010

Snapshots.

Snapshot: A brief look or summary.

Hannah's Snapshot: A brief look or summary of Hannah's week. :)

1. I felt like I was in Narnia. I had real Turkish Delight this week, from Turkey. It was delicious! I had had some before, either in Portugal or Mozambique, and it wasn't that tasty. (could be that it was rose flavoured... hm.) But, this time, it was delicious! It tasted like, and perhaps this is a gross description, but it tasted like a roasted marshmallow Jelly Belly jelly bean :)

2. This snapshot was sent via email to Damarise, and she forwarded it to me.
a.) I have no idea how Baskin' Robbins knows that about me. (A little weird!)
b.) Damarise's response to this, "Uh, no, sorry Hannah, no ice cream cake from me."

3. My younger siblings are amazing. I've been chatting with Sarah a lot this past week, which has been wonderful! And my two wonderful brothers have been leaving me sweet messages, or just fun stuff on Facebook :)
4. We're starting into another book for Youth Ministry, The Prodigal God by Tim Keller. I started into it last night before going to bed and this quote just stuck out.
"God's reckless grace is our greatest hope."

5. Today in chapel, we had a guest speaker from the UK, Mr. MacKenzie. During his chapel talk he said, "Too often we gaze at the world and glance at the King. Shouldn't we be glancing at the world and gazing at the King?!" Amen.

6. Phone numbers. This is a little semi-funny snapshot into the life of Hannah. There I was, in my dorm room. I had just finished a test and needed to get ahold of an orthodontist nearby. Two of my brackets have been popping on and off and my orthodontist said to have that fixed. So, I dialed the number and a very nice, southern woman answered the phone. She asked me my name, my date of birth, and my current address. And then, she asked me for my cell number. Well, I told her I didn't have a cellphone number. She read off a number, which was Mom's number, but I told her that would work. She replied, "Well, why don't you just give me the number of the phone you are on." Oh. yah. I suppose I could've done that, whoops. I told her that was a great idea, it was my room phone, so I may not always answer it, but whatever :) And then I realized... I've never had to call that number, and nobody knows it except a few people. So, I didn't know my own phone number. Wow! Talk about feeling... uh, well, embarrassed to say the least. I told her that I honestly had no idea what the phone number was, but that I would try to find it :) She waited for about 15 seconds and finally said, "You know what, I think I have caller ID." She did. She read me off my own number (which I recognized ;) ) And then proceeded with the rest of booking my appointment. Haha, it was an embarrassing but laughable experience :)

7. Lastly, I'm really happy it is the weekend! Oh! A little rest from this busy week will be much welcomed! I don't have huge plans for the weekend. I'll be studying for a test on Monday, going to my suitemate's play tonight, and hanging out with some friends Saturday afternoon :) It'll be a nice weekend.

And there you have it. A little snapshot into my week. :)

No comments: