Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Hello, New York!

Wednesday morning Damarise and I said farewell to a fog covered mountain. Backpacks strapped on our backs and suitcases in hand we headed off for New York.

We flew up over the fog and saw the hilly, tree covered ground below.

I'm still not quite used to the short plane trips. I'm always expecting a 24 hour plane ride and right when I'm about to sleep, the pilot announces that we will be landing shortly. Now, don't get me wrong, it's wonderful! It's just still al little strange.

The hills and trees were not in our view for long. Before we knew it we were above New York. Such a busy, busy place!

We landed perfectly! I think the landing and take-off on this trip were the best I've ever experienced. There was also no turbulence the entire trip, which made for a smooth ride all around. When we landed we were greeted by this lovely sign. :)

Hello, New York!

No comments: