Thursday, September 30, 2010

Playing Catch Up

Oh time! It goes so quickly. I didn't realize it had been nine days since I last wrote. Sorry, to those of you who read this. So much has been happening that I simply have not had the time to sit down and write. So, before this blog post fills up with apology, I'm going to tell you all what has been going on in my life the past nine days.

First of all, I got a cold. Ugh. At least here in America getting a cold makes sense (which in my mind justifies getting a cold). In Mozambique, when we would get a cold it seemed rather oxymoronic. Cold... hot place. Hmmm. So, although I definitely felt under the weather, it wasn't an awful under the weather feeling. :) Thanks to Mom's over abundant supply of tea and vitamins the cold only lasted a week. Ah! It's made me more thankful for a full night's sleep where I can breathe without trouble.

One great thing about a cold, (yes a cold is not the end of the world), is that you still feel okay to go out and do stuff. So, early in the week plans were made to hang out on Sunday afternoon. Sunday afternoon came in fogginess. Most people on this mountain are not huge fans of fog, this could be because we had ten straight days of fog last year, or the fact that, at least last year, we saw fog more than we saw the sun. In any case, many people are not fog fans. Me, on the other hand, I really like fog. It is so strange, and cool, and amazing all at the same time. It feels cozy, relaxing, and serene but that's just my view. All that to say, that Sunday afternoon came with its share of fog. But when Damarise, Micah, Janessa, Josiah, and I piled into Micah's car and left the mountain we left the fog behind.

We drove down to Chattanooga, settled down in a frozen yogurt shop, and just hung out and talked. It was a nice and relaxing way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Mmmm, yummy yogurt! If any of you ever come to visit, we will have to go to this place!

Happy friends!

Yes! There were many laughs :)

Overlooking Chattanooga.

Ah, the wonderful walking bridge.

Wednesday, Covenant College had Day of Prayer. Every Day of Prayer there is a sunrise service at Rock City. It is a wonderful time of worship and prayer. At least 200 students showed up. We all sang together while watching the sun peek up over the rolling hills of Chattanooga. Then we split up into groups and prayed together. Oh! What a refreshing way to start the day.

Oh! What a beautiful sunrise! How AWESOME God is!

At 11:30, our hall, Imani, went with out brother hall, Ithaca, to Cloudland Canyon. We all brought picnic lunches, sat on rocks overlooking the canyon, ate together, laughed together, prayed together, sang praise to God together, and just had a wonderful time with each other worshipping God. :)
Imani and Ithaca! (not all of them :( )

When we got back to campus, I went to go check my mail. And, happiness, I had mail! :) Mail is a special treat, so this made my day even better :) Thank you, Kathleen!

A letter from Kathleen! :D

Ok, I think I am all caught up on the highlights of the past nine days. I'm going to go ahead and apologize in advance for probably not writing in the next week. This week will be busy, but in that business a lot of fun things. In the next six days, I have 3 tests, 1 previewer staying with Damarise and me, 1 friend from AR staying with Damarise and me, many pages of reading, and a few short papers to write in between there. :) It'll be busy, but good. :)

So, until this busy banana finds a pause in the hecticness of life to sit down and blog again, so long :)

No comments: