Day Two of our family vacation. We were bound for our first "home" for a week–Elizabeth, Colorado.
Along the way we pulled off in another Kansas town to check out some of their attractions. They had this HUGE Van Gogh painting. A Canadian guy apparently is or did 7 replicas of Van Gogh's sunflower painting and wants to place them on each of the 7 continents. So this is the only one in all of North America :)
- You will not marry during the term of your contract.
- You are not to keep company with men.
- You must be home between the hours of 8p.m. and 6a.m. unless attending a school function.
- You may not loiter in donwtown ice cream parlors.
- You may not travel beyond the city limits without permission of the Chairman of the Board.
- You may not ride in a carriage or automobile with any man unless he is your father or brother.
- You may not smoke cigarettes.
- You may not dress in bright colors.
- You may under no circumstances dye your hair.
- You must wear at least two petticoats.
- Your dresses may not be shorter than two inches above the ankle.
- To keep the schoolroom neat and clean you must: sweep the floor at least once daily; scrub the floor at least once a week with hot, soapy water; clean the blackboards at least once a day; start the fire by 7 a.m. so the room will be warm by 8 a.m.