Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

Unbelievable! It's 2009!! Happy New Year everyone! Was it just me or did 2008 seem to fly by? Anyways, something fun to do at the end of the old year and beginning of the new year... which I guess is kind of the same thing ;)... is to go through the old year and see everything that God has done in the year... or random things that have happened :) Here's some highlights of 2008. 

1. Damarise and I had cerebral malaria. (The deadly kind) It was quite the experience and one I'd gladly not repeat!

2. Damarise and I became seniors. Our last year of high school! Yeah! 

3. Damarise and I (we do everything together lol) took the SATs twice in one year. :)

4. Dad and Mom were both in the States at some point during 2008. (Dad was only there for a few days in the beginning of 2008) 

5. We got to vacation in South Africa and visit Kruger Park for the first time :D

6. I got to go to two new countries: Malawi and Swaziland. :)

7. Damarise, Ian, and I got to go on a missions trip to Beira to help build a church. It was a fun experience. 

8. I lost my whole toe nail on my 4th little toe :) First time to ever lose all of a toenail. :D

9. God redirected our lives :) We are now going to start a university in Zambia! Wow! You can go here to read more about it :) (www.africanchristianuniversity.com) It's amazing!

10. Damarise, Sarah, some friends and I were in Brio in Novemeber... it was just the back, but still it was our first time to be in a magazine :)

11. I learned–or semi learned–my first classical piece of music on the piano. Für Elise. 

12. We got our record of time in Africa without electricity. Fifteen hours! It was HOT! :P

That's about all that I can think of right now :P 2008 was a wonderful year full of fun memories, getting to see the Lord direct our lives in amazing ways, and enjoying our last full year in Mozambique. I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for all of us this coming year. College for Damarise and I (Lord willing). Mom, Dad and the rest of the siblings moving to Zambia to start a christian university, and who knows what else :) It'll be an exciting year. 

Happy 2009!

No comments: