Saturday, October 04, 2008

Two Years Ago...

It is unbelievable and yet tis true! Two years ago, on October 4th, 2008, we entered Mozambique for the first time ever. Everything that is now normal life was, back then, new and different. 

Looking back through these last two years is amazing! It's fun to see what God has done in my life. He helped me learn Portuguese so that now I can understand most of what is said. (Except sermons...). He gave me friends. Both Mozambican and MK. When we first knew God was calling us to Mozambique we asked our mission if there were any teen MK girls there. The answer, sadly, was no. It's hard enough to move, but knowing that there weren't any possible friends where we would be living made it even harder. But God knew. Mom emailed another missionary lady here asking for email addresses for any MK girls in Nampula. She replied with a few email addresses. We were thrilled! Damarise started emailing with them and while we were still in the States we met with one of them. Sarah Woodrow (aka- Bethy). Her and her family were a joy to meet and hang out with! :) We were thrilled knowing that they would be in Mozambique! When we came to Mozambique we met some of the other girls and became friends right away :) God provided us with friends. It was wonderful!

Other things that have gone on... wow where to begin. We realized we could survive the heat. (hehe). God gave Damarise and I a job. Babysitting. And we still love it! ... He gave us five more siblings (the Woodbulls). He sent our first-cousin-something-removed here! And He's been leading our path every step of the way. We first came here looking at going into a tribal work. Now, we are following the Lord's leading and putting together a Christian University! Wow! 

There's loads of other things that have happened since we have moved here two years ago, but if I were to tell it all, I'd be typing for a while :P 

To end this post, I just wanna say that I am so thankful God called us to Mozambique and that I get to be a part of what He is doing here. It is a joy and a privilege and I am so thankful! 

(ps- the picture is from our 2nd day in Mozambique)

No comments: