Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Living for Christ

“Suffering isn’t the worst thing that can happen to us. Disobedience is.” Vietnamese Pastor (Voice of the Martyrs)
Well, i've been reading this book recently (Jesus Freaks) And it has been a real eye-opener to the persecution of Christians world wide! And it made me think, would I be willing to die for Christ?? On the Rebelution blog, Brett Harris , in one of his posts, asked the same question but i like what he brought up about it.--
"I often find myself thinking that dying for Christ isn’t the question. Instead, my challenge to us is: “Are we willing to live for Christ?” This is not unconnected from the question of dying for Christ, but is the first question we must ask ourselves."
I thought that was an amazing question! One that definitely struck home for me. Am I willing to live for Christ? How in the world will I be able to die for Him if I can't even live for Him in my every day life?! It is definitely a convicting question! Brett Harris also put on the verse from Philippians 1:27b “For to me to live is Christ, [therefore] to die is gain.” To live is Christ! Our life here on earth (if we are truly His),God will be using for His glory and honour! And other people will know we are Christians by how we are living! So then as 1 Peter 3:15 says we need to e ready to give a defense of the Hope that is within us!!! If we are truly living for Christ then when suffering comes we will be able to endure it with joy, for we will be focused on God and His glory!!

No comments: