Friday, January 04, 2013

He is Able

My stomach has permanent knots.
I cry because I feel so anxious.
How is that I can trust when things are all right?
But fail to call on Him when my world is crumbling.
I feel as if by now I can do it!
I have learned.
I have practiced.
I have gone.
And yet, I cannot do anything.
I lie here and tremble.
I quake at the future.
I shutter at the thought of unknowns.
The One who knows, He is the one I need.
I need Him.
On my own I am frail, weak, and scared.
Confidence I lack.
Fear I carry in abundance.
I have studied three and a half years,
Sat in classrooms,
Read books,
Watched and learned,
All in preparation for this –
This upcoming unknown,
This future leap out of my comfort zone,
This that causes me to worry.
But the hours of study,
The numerous pages read,
The perfect examples before me,
These mean nothing if I don't have Him.
He is the One I need.
He is the One who can calm my troubled heart.
He is the One who knows my future.
He is the One who gives me the strength I need.
He is the One who gives me the ability to do what I thought impossible.
He is the One who I want others to see.
Not me,
Never me.
If I go in wanting to be known,
Wanting to be seen,
Wanting to be remembered,
Where will that leave me?
I call to the Lord,
To the One who helps the weary.
I call to the Lord,
To the One who will carry me through.
I call to the Lord,
Because without Him I am nothing!
Without Him I am frail, weak, and scared.
To Him I call as I look to the future.
Peace, strength, and humility I ask for.
Peace in the midst of unknowns.
Strength in stepping out of all comfort.
Humility in knowing it is not me but Him.
This is my prayer.
This is my plea.
This is what I ask regarding student teaching. 

No comments: