Saturday, September 01, 2012

Banana Yum

My after school/ after run snack is one of my favourite snacks. I discovered it earlier this summer when I was craving something cold and banana-y. I looked around for something to make and found some frozen bananas, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla. Those four things made something wonderful – a banana smoothie! Yum! As I was drinking one the other day, I decided I needed to share this deliciousness with whoever reads this blog. And so, without further ado, the recipe for a banana smoothie. 

1. Take bananas, peel them, and stick them in the freezer.

2. After bananas are frozen take one out and put it in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds (just to get it a little soft). 

3. Chop up the banana into pieces that a blender can chop up. 

4. Throw the banana into a blender with a little less than half a cup of milk, about three sprinkles of cinnamon, and a cap full of vanilla. 

5. Blend it up and put it in a cup. 

And there you have it! A yummy, healthy, and cold treat! Perfect for after a run, or just a long day. 

1 comment:

Megan Wetselaar said...

SO delicious!! :) Thanks for sharing!! And I literally just ate a banana and then I saw this post. Hahaha.