Sunday, August 05, 2012

Winding Up


I'm still sporting the blue and khaki. Waking up at 7:04am every morning. And working on Facilities Services during "Not Quite Heaven" week.

We have finished the first of three "Not Quite Heaven" weeks. These are the final weeks of summer. The weeks where the summer workers put the Covenant College campus back to normal before students arrive. It is a mad, but organized, mob of blue and khaki. Cleaning, arranging, moving, storing. You name it, it is probably happening.

Things are beginning to wind up and that is a little bittersweet. Friendships form quickly over the summer. Forty Covenant College students working together for 8 hours a day and then living in a little cul-de-sac helps friendships to blossom in wonderful ways. It will be sad to leave this summer behind, but at the same time I am ready for senior year to begin.

Ah, senior year. Today as we were driving back from church I was reminded of the first time we drove up to Covenant College on our first day. I was nervous, scared, and certainly not feeling ready to be on my own. Now, Damarise and I are about to embark on our last year of college and I cannot wait. I cannot wait to see all that God has in store for this final school year. And am excited about the adventures to come.

In the meantime, I will enjoy these last few weeks of work. Yes, they are rough and I am beat tired after every day. But it is a time to deepen friendships and enjoy the job that I have. That being said – bring it on "Not Quite Heaven" Week, bring it on!

No comments: