Monday, August 29, 2011

Blessings.

Yesterday in church Pastor Hutchinson asked how often we take the time to thank God for all the blessings He has put in our lives. And it made me think that all too often I just take the blessing without giving thanks to the Giver of all blessings. So, with the school year just beginning I thought I would take a few moments to post on my blog some of the blessings of just these first few weeks of being back at school.

1). An amazing RA (Resident Assistant). Virginia is one of the biggest blessings so far this year. She has been a great leader of our hall, but also a caring friend who takes the time to listen and gives sound advice.

2). New friends and old friends. This summer was filled with new friends and these past few weeks have been filled with old friends coming back. It's great to have them all here together. Damarise and I were just talking about how blessed we are with the friends God has given us. (here and elsewhere). God has continued to bless me with deep friendships that focus on Him. I'm so thankful for my friends!

3). New classes. I wasn't too excited about my class schedule for this fall, but so far the classes have been good. I'm excited to see what I learn in these classes, and am thanking God for the blessing of attending classes here at Covenant College.

4). Time in the Word. It's such a great blessing to be able to pull out God's Word and read it whenever and talk to God whenever. I'm SO thankful!

5). Change. There are some parts of it that are rough and are taking a while to adjust to, but it's also drawing me closer to God. And He's using it in several ways in my life.

So there you have it. Just 5 blessings for now, but 5 huge blessings in my life right now. I'm so thankful!

No comments: