Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Arriving in Budapest

After plane, bus, and car, I am finally here in Budapest. It's a little strange for me to be half way across the world without any family around. Usually I get to experience a new culture with the family nearby, trying to speak the language, laughing with each other at our mistakes, and soaking it all in.

But today as we stepped off the plane into Budapest it was just me and the group from Covenant there, soaking in everything. Some things were weird for me to see again (having lived in Portugal) like a little grocery store we used to go to - Lidl. Also things like coloured toilet paper, European sockets, and the clay shingles on all houses.

It's going to be an exciting adventure. And with that being said, I'm off to get some sleep! Sleeping in planes just doesn't always work. Also, tomorrow we begin interning in the school! Cannot wait.

Oh, one more thing, Damarise wanted me to be taking a picture a day (or more) while overseas. So, for her sake, even though I look like I haven't showered or slept in a while (I haven't) here is the picture for today. Me with all my travel documents.

No comments: