Thursday, April 21, 2011

Ian

Today my not-so-little brother is 15! Hard to believe! He has a deep voice, growing facial hair, and is 6' tall. Oh me, oh my!

It makes me feel old. I still remember when Mom was pregnant with him and the night of his birth. There was a horrible hail storm, complete with tornado warnings and all, but God kept him safe.

I think that's been one of the constant themes throughout Ian's life – God keeping him safe. Whether it be crashing his little bike on our driveway and surviving with stitches or falling out of a 40' tree without a scratch. Whatever it has been God has always kept him and healed him. And that was hugely evident when Ian got malaria and almost died.

I thank God that Ian is still with us and that we can celebrate his 15th birthday! Ian is such a joy to be around. Always willing to help anyone with anything, no matter how physically demanding the job is. He's always got a smile on his face. He's a great little brother and I'm so blessed to have him as a sibling.

Ian, I love you! Happy 15th Birthday!

No comments: