Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009


Well, it's that time of year again. Thanksgiving day! :D A day specifically set aside to spend giving thanks to God for all He's done within the year. Boy! There is SO much to be thankful in just this year alone.

I'm thankful for God's never ending faithfulness! Throughout this year alone I have experienced God's faithfulness in countless ways. God has shown that HE is great and that I am nothing without Him. I'm thankful that God has chosen me from before the foundation of the world to be His child! I am blessed beyond words!

I'm so thankful that at the beginning of this year (man! That seems SO long ago) God saved Ian's life. I'm so thankful that God let Ian live and that today Ian is alive, well and his brain is as good as it has always been! I'm also thankful for all God taught me through that experience with Ian being in the hospital. It was a great testimony to my life!

I'm thankful for family!! I absolutely LOVE my family! Dad, Mom, Damarise, Sarah, Ian and Andrew! They are all great, fun and loving. I'm thankful for the letters they send in the mail to me, for the skype calls and for their prayers for Damarise and I :) They are the greatest family ever!

I'm thankful that God has allowed Damarise and I the privilege of going to Covenant College! I still cannot believe Damarise and I are almost finished with our first semester of college! I love everything about Covenant. I love the people, the classes, the atmosphere. I love it all! And I am SO thankful for God's provision in allowing me to go there.

I'm thankful for all my friends! God has blessed me with amazing friends in my life! I have friends in many a different countries and I am thankful for all of them. I'm thankful for the old friends and the new friends. I'm thankful that God has allowed me to meet and befriend such amazing people!

I'm thankful for A/C and heat! :) After living in Mozambique without any central air or heating, I am thankful for that!

I'm thankful for Walmart! It has everything! :) And it's at a convenient place :)

I'm thankful for email, facebook, blogger, skype, ichat, and gmail chat. It is SO easy to communicate with friends and family from all over! :)

I'm thankful for water and electricity that stay on frequently! :D It's so simple and easy knowing that the electricity and water will be on in the morning :)

I'm thankful for the cold! Yes, some people don't like winter.. but I love it! I'm thankful for this cold weather!

I'm thankful for everything that God has blessed me with. I know, that's broad, but there is just too much stuff to list! I'm just thankful for it all!
"Praise the LORD.
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;
his love endures forever."
-Psalm 106:1

No comments: