Friday, October 17, 2008

Internet off, lights out, and heat abounding!


"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want." -Philippians 4:12


Paul said in Philippians that he had learned to be content no matter what the circumstances. Well, I realized that I am still learning. 

This week, Monday through Friday, the internet was out. It wasn't to bad, just rather annoying to not be in touch with friends and see what's happening in the world. I am SO thankful though that it is back up and running! Yeah!

Wednesday night around 9:30pm the lights went out... ok, not only the lights... the lights, fans... all our electricity. It wasn't a huge deal in the cold season, but now... wow! Hot doesn't even begin to describe how it felt! I don't think I have ever sweat more at night than on that night! It was to hot! Finally Thursday morning at 7:30am the electricity came back on! Yeah!

Speaking of the heat... it is scorching over here! It is the hot season! But these first few months of the hot season are hot and dry! It should start raining around December. As for now, we go through the day sweating up a storm and drinking gallons of water! It is over 90ºF in the house with the fans on! I'm melting! 

Okk, enough complaining. I was thinking through this all last night. Not really thinking it through, just complaining about it. Complaining about the internet, the heat, the fickle electricity. I wasn't content. I didn't focus on the things I did have. I had food. Ice! (So nice in the hot weather!) I had family, friends. I had the love of God!! Yet there I was complaining about the trivial things. Wow! It was high time I realized how blessed I was and how much there was to be thankful for. :) 

So, as you can see I'm still working on being content in all circumstances... it's tough! But I realized there really is SO much to be thankful for! :D It's amazing! We serve an amazing God Who blesses us with more than we can ever fathom! :) Wow! 

No comments: